Hey there munkeys! Hope you're all having a lovely start to 2014 :) I'm super psyched for this year!!!
Here's a really simple and quick recipe with some of my favourite foods.. do you like bananas? Do you like peanut butter? Oats? Chocolate? Then you'll love this ;) and it only takes 10-15 minutes total to prepare and cook! There are many different variations you can do with these too - roll them in crushed nuts, seeds or desiccated coconut etc. The options for what can cover and fill them with are endless really :)
Here's how easy-peasy it is:
1 cup of oats (I went with gluten free)
1 scoop of whey (approx 20g, any flavour - you can also omit the whey, I have before and they're still damn good!)
1 banana (the more brown spots the better!)
2 heaped tbsp peanut butter or any other nut butter
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (I used 70%)
1. Pour the oats in a bowl with the whey and mix.
2. Mash the banana and peanut butter in a separate bowl.
3. Preheat the oven to gas mark 6.
4. Add the peanut butter and banana mix to the oats.
5. Use your hands to combine the oats and whey, with the peanut butter and banana (fyi - it will be suuuper sticky, sorry!)
6. When the mixture is combined, stir in the chocolate chips with a spoon.
7. Dampen your hands with some water and roll the mixture into balls. (having damp hands, makes the rolling smoother)
8. Place the balls on a baking paper lined baking tray or silicone baking tray and put in the oven for 5 minutes.
9. Allow to cool. (By the way, they taste even better the next day..)
Enjoy munkeys! :)