For the pancake batter
2 medium eggs
3 heaped tbsp boiled mashed cauliflower
1/2 peeled medium conference pear (I ate the rest, hehee)
1 scoop vanilla whey
1 tbsp glutinous rice flour
2 tbsp sweet potato flour (both sweet potato flour & glutinous rice flour can be subbed for 3 tbsps of coconut flour in total)
1/2 tsp baking powder
For the filling
4 halawi dates (much smaller than Medjool dates)
3 tbsp boiling water
1 tbsp peanut butter
2 tbsp Koko milk alternative
Some ghee or coconut oil for frying
1/2 a handful of 70%+ dark chocolate chips sprinkled on top (do it!)
1. Chop up the cauliflower & steam it until soft enough to mash (don't worry about making too much, you can use the rest for something else like cauliflower mash etc.).
2. Soak the dates in boiling water for at least 10 minutes.
3. Peel & chop up the pear in to small chunks.
5. When the dates are soaked enough take them out & transfer to a bowl (DON'T THROW AWAY THE WATER JUST YET!)
6. Mash the dates, the Koko milk & 3 tablespoons of the water they were soaking in with a fork.
7. Add 1 tablespoon of peanut butter & mix until all is combined, & set the date mixture aside.
8. When the cauliflower is soft enough, mash it with a fork & set aside to cool.
9. Crack the eggs in to the food processor & blend until slightly frothy.
10. Add the pear & mashed cauliflower to the food processor & blend.
11. Add the sweet potato flour & glutinous rice flour & blend until fairly smooth - small lumps are fine.
12. Add the vanilla whey & baking powder to the mixture & blend.
13. Heat the pan to a VERY low heat & add just under a level teaspoon of ghee or coconut oil or desired oil.
14. When the ghee has melted move it around the pan to distribute the liquid evenly, allow the pan to get a little hotter before adding the pancake mixture.
15. Pour a small amount of pancake mixture in to the pan & spread to make a thin pancake.
16. Take a heaped teaspoon of the date & peanut butter mixture & place it in the middle of the pancake.
17. Spread the date & peanut butter mixture with your fingers & the spoon so that the mixture is flatter.
18. Pour 2 tablespoons of pancake mixture over the date mixture on the pancake & spread evenly.
19. Leave to cook until bubbles form on the surface, then carefully flip the pancake (it shouldn't fall apart).
20. Leave to cook for a further 20-30 seconds then transfer to a plate to cool.
21. Rinse & repeat steps 13-20.
Enjoy munkies! :)