Saturday 29 June 2013

Chocolate & coconut protein flapjacks with dark chocolate chunks

Good afternoon munkies! We're off to Blackpool tomorrow for a day trip so I whizzed up some protein flapjacks for our ride. I haven't made chocolate flapjacks yet.. & I love coconut - so I thought chocolate-coconut flapjacks! I decided to use full fat coconut milk instead of Koko milk (which is diluted and much lighter), it made them extra creamy - so I'll definitely be playing around with that again at some point. Here's how I made them:


INGREDIENTS:

1&1/2 cup gluten free oats
2 scoops chocolate whey
3 tsp cocoa
1/3 cup desiccated coconut
1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
3 tbsp ghee
70g dark chocolate chunks

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Add the oats, whey & desiccated coconut to a bowl & mix.
2. Next add the coconut milk & mix.
3. After the mixture is roughly combined, add the ghee & mix.
4. Pour in the dark chocolate chunks & mix.
5. Spoon the flapjack mixture on to a baking paper lined baking tray or a silicone tray.
6. Flatten the mixture.
7. Preheat oven gas mark 6.
8. Transfer to the freezer for 10 mins (optional, but helps them to 'set' better).
9. Bake for 6 minutes.
10. When done, sprinkle a little desiccated coconut on the top.
11. Set aside to cool & chop up (best eaten the following day when they have been in the fridge overnight).

Enjoy munkies! :)








No comments:

Post a Comment