Hello again munkies! Here's a macadamia, dried fruit & seed version of my dark chocolate chip & pistachio protein flapjack I posted earlier. I've made flapjacks without butter before, but butter & ghee just seems to give it a more authentic, this could sooo be naughty type of taste! Hahaa! These flapjacks are seriously more-ish, & I will definitely be playing around with the recipe again soon. Here's how this recipe went down:
(I made 6 fair sized bars)
1 cup gluten free oats
1&1/2 scoops (45g) of vanilla whey
A sprinkle of cinnamon
1/4 cup macadamias
1/4 cup cranberries
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/3 chopped dried apple
1/3 cup Koko milk
1/4 grass fed butter
1. Add the oats, whey, macadamias, cranberries, dried apple, pumpkin seeds & sunflower seeds to a bowl & mix.
2. Next add the Koko milk & mix.
3. After the mixture is roughly combined, add the butter & mix.
4. Spoon the flapjack mixture on to a baking paper lined baking tray or a silicone tray.
5. Flatten the mixture.
6. Transfer to the freezer for 10 mins.
7. Preheat oven gas mark 6.
8. Bake for 6 minutes.
9. Set aside to cool.
10. When completely cooled, cut up & store in the fridge overnight.
Enjoy munkies! :)