Good morning munkies! It's Wednesday morning (yes I know it's now Saturday! Hahaa!) & I'm pretty sore from yesterday's bursts of upper body strength-endurance work & right foot is still sporting a lovely little blister from my 5k barefoot run yesterday.. bah, nevertheless it's my rest day & what better way to start my day than some genmai-cha (brown rice green tea yuuummmm) & some experimental green tea quinoa pancakes?!!! So here's how it went down:
2 medium sized eggs
4 tbsp cooked quinoa
1 tbsp coconut flour
4 tbsp apple sauce
1 scoop vanilla whey (30g)
1 tsp green tea powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
(You could add some green food colouring if you'd like them greener..)
1. Crack the eggs in to the food processor & blend until slightly frothy.
2. Add the apple sauce, quinoa & coconut flour & blend until fairly smooth - small lumps are fine.
3. Add the vanilla whey, green tea powder & baking powder to the eggs & blend.
4. Heat the pan to a VERY low heat & add just under a level teaspoon of ghee or coconut oil or desired oil.
5. When the ghee has melted move it around the pan to distribute the liquid evenly, allow the pan to get a little hotter before adding the pancake mixture.
6. Pour desired amount of pancake mixture in to the pan, I poured roughly 4 tbsp of pancake mixture.
7. Leave to cook until bubbles form on the surface, then carefully flip the pancake (it shouldn't fall apart).
8. Leave to cook for a further 20-30 seconds then transfer to a plate to cool.
9. Rinse & repeat steps 4-9.
I mixed 3 tbsp chestnut purée, 1 tbsp cream cheese, 1 tsp green tea powder, 2 tbsp vanilla whey, 2 tbsp Koko milk alternative & a sprinkle of cinnamon together & smothered that in between the pancake layers. But you can leave them plain or put whatever you would like in between each pancake i.e - yoghurt, fruit etc. I then sprinkled the top layer with dried apple. Yum.
Enjoy munkies! :)