(By the way this serving is for 2 hungry munkies - for a single munkey sized serving just half the ingredients)
For the pancakes:
5 medium eggs
1 medium sized pear
1 medium sized apple
2 tbsp gluten free oats (you could definitely substitute this for coconut flour if you don't have any or don't want to use it)
3 tbsp coconut flour
2 scoops of cookies & cream whey (60g total) (you can use any flavour whey)
1 tsp baking powder
Sprinkle of cinnamon
For the date paste:
4 medjool dates
1 tbsp coconut flour
Ghee, coconut oil or any other oil for frying
Dark chocolate chips 70%+
1. Soak the dates in boiling water for at least 10 minutes.
2. Peel & chop up the apple & pear in to small chunks.
3. Put the chopped up apple & pear in the steamer & steam until soft.
4. When the dates are soaked enough take them out & transfer to a bowl (DON'T THROW AWAY THE WATER JUST YET!)
5. Mash the dates & 4 tablespoons of the water they were soaking in with a fork.
6. Add 1 tablespoon of coconut flour & mix until all is combined.
7. Set aside the date mixture.
8. Crack the eggs in to the food processor & blend until slightly frothy.
9. Add the apple & pear & blend until fairly smooth - small lumps are fine.
10. Add the oat flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, whey & baking powder to the eggs & blend.
11. Heat the pan to a VERY low heat & add just under a level teaspoon of ghee or coconut oil or desired oil.
12. When the ghee has melted move it around the pan to distribute the liquid evenly, allow the pan to get a little hotter before adding the pancake mixture.
13. Pour a small amount of pancake mixture in to the pan & spread to make a thin pancake.
14. Take a heaped teaspoon of the date mixture & place it in the middle of the pancake.
15. Spread the date mixture with your fingers & the spoon so that the mixture is flatter.
16. Pour 2 tablespoons of pancake mixture over the date mixture on the pancake & spread evenly.
17. Leave to cook until bubbles form on the surface, then carefully flip the pancake (it shouldn't fall apart).
18. Leave to cook for a further 20-30 seconds then transfer to a plate to cool.
19. Rinse & repeat steps 11-19.
Enjoy munkies! :)