This little munkey was SUPER hungry after playing on the rings today. Swinging around can be tiring. So I got home & decided that I wanted something quick, easy & scrummy.. what better than eggs..(?) thrown together with some of my favourite foods? Eggs are aaawwesome, & this recipe is an easy way to combine some of your favourite foods into one ultimate dish that you can eat for breakfast, lunch and/or dinner & is ideal for those busy bodies who can take it to work.
The awesome thing about this 'crustless quiche' is that there are no rules, you can literally throw anything in there.. My faaavourite combo is bacon/pancetta, butternut squash, spinach, red onion & feta. AHmaazing. Below I'll be posting a chorizo, sweet potato & feta crustless quiche that I've made a few times & simply LOVE!
6 whole eggs
1 sweet potato
15 slices (..or more ..or less) of chorizo
1/2 a white onion
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
A sprinkle of paprika
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 5 (375 degrees / 190 degrees C).
2. Peel the sweet potato & chop it up in to chunks & part steam them until they're a little soft on the outside (around 5-8 mins).
3. Line the baking tray with baking/parchment paper & sprinkle the grated parmesan & chopped onion on the paper.
4. Prepare the feta, you can slice it, chop it, crumble it, completely up to you!
5. Whisk the eggs & leave them aside.
6. When the sweet potato is ready, place the sweet potato, feta, & chorizo on top of the parmesan & onion, in any order you please.
7. Pour the eggs over your fillings.
8. Move your fillings & the egg around to make sure the egg is swimming in every nook & cranny.
9. Season as you wish, I used salt, pepper & sprinkled paprika over the top.
10. Bake for 16-20 minutes mattering on how you like your eggs (note: egg continues to cook for a while after it's been taken out of the oven). I cooked mine for 19 minutes, the edges were firm & the middle a liiiittle soft.
11. Allow to cool for a few minutes, cut up & devour.
(No matter the fillings you choose I would recommend the parmesan & onion sprinkled bottom - a welcomed addition no matter the fillings you use!)
Enjoy munkeys! :)